Menu

Day 1 Daily Prayer for the non-Jew

7th June 2016 - Prayer
Day 1 Daily Prayer for the non-Jew

Welcome to day 1 of daily prayer for the non-Jew. Find a quiet place, open your Tanakh…

Audio: http://www.spiritualbabies.net/wp-content/uploads/DailyPrayer1.mp3

Video:

don’t forget to pause when you need to and if you enjoy this series please consider pledging to support us, it really helps us continue creating content. πŸ™‚

Tags: ,

7 thoughts on “Day 1 Daily Prayer for the non-Jew

Nancy

Thank you Jason. This is a wonderful way to start the day.

JasonSB

Thank you πŸ™‚ I hope you stick with it for the month and beyond πŸ™‚

Deanna

Hi, thank you for your site. I just recently started exploring it. You mentioned that non-Jews should only pray certain parts of the Shema. How does one know which parts are “ok” for non-Jews to pray? Not just with the Shema, but with the Psalms or blessings, etc. Further, how do I know which parts of Tanach I can apply to myself and my walk with Hashem as a “foreigner”? Thank you.

JasonSB

In short –
    As a non-Jew we can skip the parts that are addressed to ‘Jacob’ or Israel. For example, ‘our fathers’ isn’t a term applicable to us.
    However, if there are part of the Torah that you feel you would like to apply, for example, I don’t work on the 7th day and I keep a biblically kosher diet. I don’t do these things because I feel commanded, rather because I feel compelled. I don’t do them to be ‘Jewish’ or appear Jewish. I do them because they help me focus and turn parts of my life into a ritual devotion.

πŸ™‚ I hope this helps.

Deanna

It does help! Thank you.

Tracey

May I ask where you are getting your information from about what we should and shouldn’t pray? Respectfully so, and shalom

JasonSB

One of the things we should do a students is not lie. So, praying a prayer that runs along the feed of, ‘Our fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob’ , when we are not of that family line, should be changed. God didn’t command the ‘non-Israelite’ or non-Jew. So, some prayers have been changed from the otherwise jewish tradition.